Beth's "Belles" and Whistles

Monday, April 18, 2011

A Black, White, & Red Bridal Shower

Good morning friends,

Finally, I'm ready with a new post featuring pics of the Bridal Shower that I hosted for my niece-to-be this weekend!  Hannah is the MOST precious bride that I've ever met - so sweet and deserving of all the belles and whistles!

Of course, I think I enjoyed planning this Bridal Shower almost as much as she enjoyed attending it!  Along with the help of my partner in crime for this event, Rebekkah, and the delicious food that my mother, Anna, along with Brenda, Sharon (MOG), and Monica (MOB) prepared, I believe the event came together like a dream!

Guest tables

Guest tables

Rebekkah and I
First of all, I have to say that Bekka and I were on the same page from the get go when we began to discuss the look of the shower.  Obviously, our theme was Black, White, and Red to go along with the theme for the wedding.  For the guest tables, I took on the task of deciding how to actually set the table and Bekka supplied the floating candle centerpieces.  I will share the details of how to achieve this look for less soon!


Bekka's Red Velvet Cupcakes with My Cricut Topper

Buffet Table featuring Apothecary Jars and Cricut Toppers

Buffet table

Up Close Tissue Paper Poms
 For the Buffet Table, I wanted to mimic some beautiful work featured by www.thetomkatstudio.com I borrowed some ideas and learned how to make tissue paper poms to hang as a focal point above the table!  The Tom Kat Studio is known for their fabulous printable party paper designs, and I came very close to just ordering them from her wonderful etsy shop.  However, I decided to create my own designs with a cricut machine that I borrowed from a dear friend.  See my former post about how I fell in love with the cricut!!! I'll share more details about how to create your own or purchase similar fabulous party tags soon!

Cricut Congratulations Sign by Me

Gift table featuring Towel Cake that I designed

Gift table during the opening process

Aprons designed by me - They flanked the gift table at the shower!

Above the gift table, I hung a fabulous sign of "Congratulations" which I handcrafted using the cricut!  I can't say enough about this machine!  On the gift table, notice the towel cake and cupcakes - another DIY project by me! Peeking from the corner of the first Gift Table picture, notice the Bride and Groom Aprons that I designed (see close up picture just above)!  And no party would be complete without something polka dot, check out the fabulous polka dot balloons ordered at www.polkadotmarket.com



Polka Dot Market Balloons

Here Comes the Bride Dress Form with My Wedding Veil!

For those final belles and whistles, I added some more Polka Dot balloons and a special "Here Comes the Bride" decorated dress form using my own Bridal Veil and some leftover netting!

Hannah and I

Sharon (MOG) and Monica (MOB)
At the end of the day, we all seemed to have enjoyed a wonderful celebration!  By the way, check out the cute little Mother of the Groom and Mother of the Bride Pins that Bekka created!  I know I will be asking her to teach me how to make those adorable little belles and whistles soon!!!

Check back soon for all the details on how to host a Bridal Shower like this one yourself!  Hope your day is blessed and full of all the best belles and whistles!

1 comment:

  1. This is quite useful information on bridal shower party. Last month, I arranged my sister’s bridal shower party by booking one of amazing wedding venues in town. Invited all her friends and had an amazing event there.

    ReplyDelete