Beth's "Belles" and Whistles

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shower Recipe for Chocoholics!



Let's get right to the point:  I LOVE CHOCOLATE!  If I am involved as a host for any event, you can count on me to bring something chocolate!  In fact, one of my favorite "belles and whistles" to make for bridal and baby showers is chocolate covered strawberries! Anytime that you can mix chocolate and fruit, I'm ALL for it!!!!

Anyway, since I have been otherwise occupied (as my son is finally on his first 24 hours fever-free after the flu) and have not been crafty at all today, I thought I would share my "EASY" recipe for the tastiest Chocolate Covered Strawberries!  I was commissioned to make these on Valentine's Day for a friend to give as gifts.  I decided to take pictures, and as you will see, I got a bit carried away and made some other tasty chocolate treats too!  Here's another pic-tutorial on "how to" make your own yummy Chocolate Covered Strawberries:






  • Purchase your ingredients:  *Strawberries (I find the largest ones at Walmart), *Baker's Microwavable Dipping Chocolate Bowls (It comes in 3 flavors - Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate, and Milk Chocolate.  It is my secret ingredient to fool-proof strawberries. 1 bowl covers approximately 1 package of strawberries),  and *Cupcake Liners (I like the decorative seasonal ones from the Dollar Tree.)

    
  • Prep your ingredients:  Wash your strawberries and place them on a paper towel to dry.  While drying, place all of your cupcake liners on a tray.  Next, pat the excess water from your strawberries lightly with a paper towel, and melt your chocolate according to the directions on the package.




  • Finally, start dipping your strawberries: Start with the largest strawberries and work down to the smallest.  This way, you will have enough chocolate to actually cover the strawberries.  Here's a tip - work quickly because the chocolate in the microwavable container "sets" fast and re-heating makes it lumpy!  Place one covered strawberry in one cupcake liner and let the chocolate dry.  For that final finished look, take a butter knife and run it through some of the leftover chocolate of another color and drizzle over the covered strawberries!
See,  it is a very "EASY" recipe that will make you the hit of the shower because most women are chocoholics of one level or another!  In fact, if you have any chocolate leftover, you can be crafty like me and use it for dipping other yummies like strawberry flavored marshmallows:



Hope you enjoy and happy dipping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment