Beth's "Belles" and Whistles

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sweet February Steals!

Happy President's Day to all,

I love February for one major reason: SHOPPING DEALS!  Between the holiday sales for Valentine's Day and President's Day, and the End of Season Clearance Sales all in the short month of February, a bargain-queen, like me, can certainly score some major belles and whistles at a steal!!  That is exactly what I've been doing over the past couple of days, just in case you've missed me! 

I've mostly been focusing my shopping energies toward deals for the wedding shower that I will be co-hosting for my nephew and niece-to-be! Remember that one of my greatest tips for obtaining all the belles and whistles that decorate life at a bargain is to purchase them off-season!  Thankfully, the scheme for the wedding and shower is black, white, and red!  The color red certainly lends itself to off-season shopping in this week after Valentine's Day!  Yes, of course, I feel most compelled to share my steals:






These pictures show items that I purchased half-price off-season!  I'm planning on using the candy hearts wrapped in red foil to fill the favor bags for the shower.  I purchased the bags of candy today at The Dollar Tree for .50 cent per bag.  I believe that I will be able to fill 3 favor bags from one bag of candy!  How sweet!  I purchased enough red wrapped candy to fill 75-80 favor bags for $20 plus tax!  What a steal!!



I found another steal at Walmart the day after Valentine's Day!  The red pens pictured above have cute little feather and heart decorations at the end- perfect for the love birds!  They will be great to use with the shower games and then the guests can take them home as another party favor!  Again - "two birds with one stone" at the cost of only .50 cent each!


This picture shows the black scrolled clear favor bags that I purchased online from the Oriental Trading Company for around $2 per 12 pack. I can't wait to fill them with all of my red hot steals!  I promise to post some pictures of the final result when I get them all assembled!  Until then, have a sweet President's Day and go score some of your own February steals!

No comments:

Post a Comment