Beth's "Belles" and Whistles

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Going to the Bayou!

Good Evening Friends,

I'm so excited tonight that I probably won't be able to fall asleep because I'm flying to Baton Rouge tomorrow to join my sister-in-law at the Louisiana State Church of God Ladies' Conference.  You see my sister-in-law is the wife of the Administrative Bishop for the State (my big brother); and therefore, she leads the entire Ladies' Ministries and is in charge of this "Sister Connection" Conference!  She has invited me to come and help her with any and all of the little details that might pop up at the last minute for this event!

I'm really excited to see the theme for this event come together at the services and the luncheon!  I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of all the "belles and whistles" so that I can share them with you!  I don't want to give away the theme just yet, but I think it is fantastic!  However, I'm most excited about the Pajama Party to be held after service on Friday night! 

I have purchased some super-cute, pink-striped flannel pj's with lime green frogs all over them! I figured that if I was going to visit the swamp lands of the bayou that I should pay homage to one of the least frightening of the swamp creatures - the frog!  I even purchased some "Frog Slippers" online to complete the ensemble!  Can't you just picture it now?  If you cannot, remember, I'll be sure to post pictures when I get back to Tennessee!

At any rate, I couldn't BE MORE excited about this trip and I wanted to share my excitement with you!  I'll be sure to fill you in on all the "belles and whistles" of my trip next week!  Until then, I'd better run and finish packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment