Beth's "Belles" and Whistles

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Learning to Cricut and to Monogram

Cricut Work!


Monogram Work!
Hey Friends,

I know it must seem like I've abandoned you by now because it has been sooooo long since I've written a post!  However, it is only because my Meagan has been staying at Mamaw and Papaw Nuckles' house all last week, and I've been learning how to cricut and monogram - two of my new favorite ways to add "belles and whistles!"

First of all, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cricut!  Thanks to my dear friend, April, for not only introducing me to the cricut in the first place, but also for loaning me her cricut machine and cartridges all last week!!!  I have been cricut-ing up a storm for the past 8 days!  For those of you who may have never heard of a cricut (like me a month or so ago), please check it out online or on info-mercials on TV! The cricut cuts card stock paper and you can make just about anything with one if you have purchased the right cartridges.  Although, the cricut is primarily used for scrap booking, I've been using it to make party signs, party favor tags, and party decorations!  I've included only one picture of my work above, because all of the work will be featured during future parties, and I don't want to spoil the surprise for the honored guests until afterward!

I've also been learning how to monogram!  My husband bought me an early birthday present in a Brother Sewing plus Embroidery Machine! (April 15 is the actual date - all the tax babies say "Yeah!") Anyway, I've never sewn a stitch before, so learning to monogram has been quite challenging!  I never realized that there were so many different types of stabilizer backing - pull away, cut away, water soluble!  The picture above is of my first success with monogramming!  I'm still not super excited about the way the backing on the onesie makes it look hard beneath the surface!  Next time, I'll use the silky fusible backing to cover the threads so they won't itch . . . Obviously, I'm still learning!

However, I will be featuring more cricut and monogram work within the next month because I'm neck high in planning all the "belles and whistles" for my niece-to-be's Wedding Shower, Meagan's 3rd Birthday, and a dear friend's baby shower - all three happening in April and May!

Will chat with you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment